IMPORTANT - Visitors should read the following notes before using BRAVO.
Building and Minor Works Record
- The building and Minor Works records of private buildings except the pre-war buildings and the New Territories Exempted Houses are available for inspection and copies thereof may be ordered in the Building Records Access and Viewing On-line (BRAVO) System.
- The building and Minor Works records in BRAVO specified documents or specified document records as defined in section 2(1) of the Buildings Ordinance. Plans and documents submitted by the statutory agents, such as Authorized Persons, Registered Structural Engineers, Registered Geotechnical Engineers and Registered Contractors for the purpose of the Buildings Ordinance are provided "AS IS" without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement of intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. They may not be exhaustive in indicating all the building works approved under the Buildings Ordinance and all Minor Works carried out in accordance with the simplified requirements under the Buildings Ordinance.
- Due to confidentiality considerations, the building and Minor Works records of private buildings that may be inspected by or issued with copies to the public are confined to the latest specified documents or specified document records of completed building and Minor Works projects. Under Section 36G of the Buildings Ordinance, the Building Authority may, upon payment of the prescribed fee, permit the public to inspect and issue copies of specified documents or specified document records.
- Some documents are not available for inspection in the form of electronic records. For inspection of the records in other forms such as microfilm or paper, a fresh application should be submitted to our Building Information Centre (BIC) for further processing.
The electronic records of some buildings and minor works#(MW) records are not available for inspection. For inspection of such records, please submit a completed application form BIC1 to our BIC by post, email or fax. For enquiry, please call our hotline 2626 1207 (handled by 1823) or contact us by facsimile at 2625 4367 / email at email@example.com.
Remark#: Regarding MW records, BRAVO mainly provides such MW items which facilitate the carrying out of alterations and additions works (show these MW items).
Request for Electronic Copy of Building and Minor Works Records
- Electronic copies of building records are non-certified copy and only electronic records having uploaded to BRAVO are available.
- Electronic copies of building records are provided in TIFF or PDF format on DVD-ROM.
- If the files on the DVD are found to be corrupted or defective, please contact BIC at 3842 5414 for follow-up actions within 30 calendar days from the order date. DVD will not be regarded as corrupted or defective if it can be viewed and read on the computers at BIC.
- All information in the specified documents or specified document records obtained by you from BRAVO shall only be used for ascertaining the matters as specified in the Declaration in the Application Form for Registration as a User of BRAVO and the Declaration as displayed in each time you login to BRAVO. All other uses are prohibited unless prior express written authorisation has been obtained from the government and the relevant copyright owners for the particular uses sought. Any unauthorised use such as reproduction, adaptation, etc. is strictly prohibited.
- You shall not use the BRAVO Services or any record or service obtained thereunder or any part thereof for any activity which is unlawful or illegal. In particular, they shall not be used for any activity or purpose in violation of any provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) (PDPO) or the Copyright Ordinance (Cap. 528). Any attempt to manipulate the data of any record or service obtained from the BRAVO Services or any part thereof is prohibited. The government reserves all rights including the right to be indemnified in the event of any copyright infringement claim against Government for any unauthorised use by the users of the materials in the specified documents or specified document records made available to the users.
- Maps are provided in BRAVO and are protected by copyright owned by the Government. Any use such as reproduction, adaptation, etc is strictly prohibited unless prior express written authorisation has been obtained from the government.
- The specified documents or specified document records provided by the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (the "Government") in BRAVO are for reference only. The Government has not approved nor endorsed the accuracy of any information contained in such specified documents or specified document records contained in BRAVO. The Government gives no express or implied warranty or representation to the accuracy or completeness of the information or its appropriateness for use in any particular circumstances.
- The Government expressly denies any responsibility and liability for any loss or damages arising in contract, tort or any cause in connection with BRAVO. The Government reserves the right to omit, suspend or edit all information compiled by the Government in BRAVO at any time in its absolute discretion without giving any reason or prior notice.
- It is the responsibility of the appointed person to ensure compliance with the Buildings Ordinance and its subsidiary legislation in respect of the completed Minor Works. Buildings Department will only carry out audit check on Minor Works submissions selected at random in order to ensure that the completed Minor Works comply generally with the Buildings Ordinance and its subsidiary legislation.
- BRAVO is provided for the purpose of inspection of building records and Minor Works records only and is provided without any express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, the Buildings Department does not make any express or implied warranty as to the accuracy, reliability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, or timeliness in relation to such contents. The Buildings Department will not be liable for any errors in, omissions from, or misstatements or misrepresentations (whether express or implied) concerning any such information, and will not have or accept any liability, obligation or responsibility whatsoever for any loss, destruction or damage (including without limitation consequential loss, destruction or damage) however arising from or in respect of any use or misuse of or reliance on the information delivered on BRAVO. You are responsible for making your own assessment of all information contained on BRAVO and shall verify such information, and obtain independent advice before acting upon it.
- Users should also be aware that a search conducted through the search facility might not provide you with an exhaustive list of the sources of information on the topic. Users are responsible for making their own assessment of all information contained in BRAVO and are advised to verify the accuracy, completeness or appropriateness of such information. For these reasons, the Government encourages users/information seekers to verify the authenticity of the information or seek independent and professional advice before relying or acting on any information contained in or available through BRAVO.
- You should seek professional advice when considering how the information obtained applies to your buildings or business operations. We also encourage you to contact the Buildings Department Webmaster (email: firstname.lastname@example.org), if you have any concerns about the information provided. We will make every effort to correct any errors once they are brought to our attention.
- The map information provided on BRAVO is protected by copyright owned by the Government. The map information may carry more updated features related to the building blocks defined by the Government as compared to the base map produced by the Survey and Mapping Office, Lands Department. Refinements will be made when opportunities arise. No express or implied warranty is given with regard to the accuracy or completeness of such map information or its appropriateness for use in any particular circumstances. The Government is not responsible for any loss or damages whatsoever arisen from any cause whatsoever in connection with such mapping information or with BRAVO.
- Should there be links from BRAVO to other third parties’ web sites, the Government shall not be responsible for the contents of those web sites.
- This Disclaimer has been translated into Chinese. If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English version and the Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.
Disclaimer on Simplified Chinese Character Version
- The Government provides a character-based translation software (this Software) free of charge in BRAVO. Permission is granted for users to use this Software to convert the content from traditional Chinese character version to simplified Chinese character version. The Government undertakes no liability and gives no warranty in relation to defects in this Software and in particular, but without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, the Government shall have no such liability regarding the fitness for purpose, quality or merchantability of this Software, whether express or implied, statutory or otherwise. The Government expressly states that it has not approved or endorsed the simplified Chinese character version of the content and the Government accepts no responsibility or liability (whatsoever and howsoever caused) for such simplified Chinese character version of the web content. Under no circumstances should users treat the simplified Chinese character version of the content as an equivalent of the traditional Chinese character version thereof. Users should verify the simplified Chinese character version of the content by making reference to the published traditional Chinese character version thereof, and should at their own costs seek independent legal advice on the legal status, validity and effect of the simplified Chinese character version of the content before relying or acting upon it. If you transmit the content of this simplified Chinese character version or its URL to any third party, you agree to forward this Disclaimer Statement at the same time to the third party and guarantee that the third party accepts this Disclaimer Statement before browsing the content of this simplified Chinese character version.
Terms & Conditions
- The BRAVO system is offered as a service to the User registered by the Government. Your use of BRAVO constitutes your agreement to all terms, conditions and notices contained in BRAVO. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you are not authorised to use BRAVO.
- You should register as a User before you can inspect specified documents or specified document records in BRAVO and place orders for copies of the selected specified documents and specified document records. Application for registration as a User shall be made by filling and returning the application form with a copy of your Hong Kong Identity Card / Passport / Identity Card issued by a Government Authority outside Hong Kong (for individual user registration) or a copy of valid business / branch registration certificate (for company user registration) to the BIC of the Buildings Department by post, fax, email, e-Submission or by hand. Upon acceptance of your registration, the login details will be sent to your email address.
- You may also apply for registration as a User online. For details, please access the BRAVO System (https://bravo.bd.gov.hk).
- You shall take appropriate measures to keep secrecy of your login account, password and authentication code. Access to BRAVO will be allowed if, and only if, both the Login Name and Password have been keyed in. Any person who has keyed in the login Name and Password of an user account is deemed to be authorised by the relevant User to use BRAVO, and the User shall be liable for all acts. If you have lost the Login Name and/or Password, please contact BIC hotline at 2626 1207 (handled by 1823).
- You are required to declare the use of the information in the specified documents or specified document records to be inspected and copies to be ordered from BRAVO in the Declaration in the Application Form for Registration as a User of the BRAVO System and the Declaration as displayed in each time you login to BRAVO. You should make sure that the information provided has been correctly entered. All information in the specified documents or specified document records obtained by you from BRAVO shall not be used for any purpose other than the use as specified in your undertaking under the Declaration. All other unlawful or illegal uses as stated in paragraph 2 of the Copyright Section above are prohibited.
- The Government reserves the right to terminate the BRAVO Services at any time, without assigning any reason, with or without notice given.
- The fees of inspection and issue of copy of specified documents or specified document records are set out under regulation 42 of the Building (Administration) Regulations.
- You shall ensure appropriate arrangements with the relevant financial institution as to confirmation, approval or authorisation necessary for payment of your order. The Buildings Department shall not accept any liability or responsibility for any delay or failure in confirmation, approval or authorisation of online or electronic payment. The Buildings Department reserves the right of recourse against you for any fee or charge of an executed order which has not been effectively paid or credited to the Buildings Department by the relevant financial institution of your card or card account.
- Upon payment of the prescribed fee for inspection of specified documents and specified document records, you will be allowed to inspect the selected file(s) for each and every application within 72 hours of the allotted time slot and you may also place order for copies of these records during such time slot. Notwithstanding the above, the BRAVO Services are subject to disruption due to system down time or for system support maintenance and upgrade. The operating hours of BRAVO may be adjusted as and when required at any time without prior notice. There is no refund once the payment is confirmed.
- Any contents (including software or programs) downloaded, installed or otherwise obtained through the use of BRAVO are obtained at your own discretion and risk. You will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system and/or mobile telecommunication devices or loss of data that may result from the use of BRAVO. All contents available from BRAVO are protected by a digital rights management software that may disable temporarily some of the functions or features under the Windows operating environment (such as copy and paste, printing or screen capturing functions) while the protected contents are being inspected.
- You may make post-inspection order(s) of copies of specified documents or specified document records via BRAVO, upon payment of the prescribed fee for issue of copy. The Government reserves the right to dispose of the ordered copies if they are not collected from the BIC during office hours or could not be successfully delivered to you within one month from the date of placing order. There is no refund once the payment is confirmed.
The Government shall not be responsible to the Users or any other person for any loss or damages whatsoever and howsoever arisen out of or in connection with their use of the BRAVO Services and their connected network and equipment, particularly under the following situations:
- any suspension, non-function, mal-function or any other fault or defect of operation of the equipment, network or systems including disruption due to system down time or for system support maintenance and upgrade;
- any inaccuracy or deficiency arisen out of or in connection with the transmission of data via BRAVO or its connected network and equipment;
- any suspension or delay in provision of any BRAVO Services including disruption due to system down time or for system support maintenance and upgrade; and
- communication between you and the government over the Internet.
- The terms and conditions of this agreement (including any new, varied and substituted terms and conditions) shall be governed by and construed according to the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. Any disputes between the parties arising out of this agreement shall be submitted to the adjudication by the courts of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
Personal Information Collection Statement
- Purpose of Collection
- The personal data collected will be used by the Buildings Department for the following purposes:
- to carry out activities and the Buildings Department’s functions relating to the provision of services by the Buildings Department include processing your submitted application;
- to facilitate communications; and
- to produce statistics relating to the Buildings Department’s services.
- You understand that the provision of your personal data is obligatory. If you fail to provide information as required, the Buildings Department may not be able to provide the requested service.
- Please do NOT provide any personal data (including personal data relating to third parties) which are not specifically required to be submitted. Where information of any third party is included, the Buildings Department will treat that you have obtained consent from such third party to disclose such information for the purposes above.
- Disclosure of Personal Data
- You understand that the personal data you provided may be disclosed or transferred to relevant parties where such disclosure or transfer is necessary for the purposes as stated in paragraph 1 above. Such personal data may also be disclosed or transferred to law enforcement agencies as permitted under the PDPO.
- Access to Personal Data
- You understand that pursuant to Sections 18 and 22 and Principle 6 of Schedule 1 to the PDPO, you have the right to request access to and correction of your personal data held by the Buildings Department. The Buildings Department may charge a fee to process the said request in accordance with the PDPO. Any such request shall be made to Building Surveyor/Technical Services 6 at 12/F, Buildings Department Headquarters, North Tower, West Kowloon Government Offices, 11 Hoi Ting Road, Yau Ma Tei, Kowloon.